The City of Abilene will pay a referral fee of up to $2,000 to residents who refer a business prospect to the City and that commits to locating a business presence in Abilene subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Business prospects must originate from outside Dickinson County, must invest a minimum capital investment of $100,000 and create a minimum of three new jobs in order to be considered a prospect for this Program. Businesses must locate within the existing corporate limits of the City of Abilene.
- Residents referring eligible businesses will receive a $500 Referral Fee. Residents referring an eligible business categorized in a designated Target Industry by either the City of Abilene or the State of Kansas will receive a $2,000 Referral Fee. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) will be considered the objective criteria for the purposes of determining the eligibility of the increased Referral Fee.
- Citizens making a referral to the City must provide contact information for a representative of the business able to discuss the real estate and infrastructure needs of the business. Such information must be provided after the Program’s effective date of January 12, 2015, but before the Program’s expiration date of December 31, 2015, or prior to the distribution of funds appropriated for the Program. The City, or other agency designated by the City Manager, will follow-up with any business referred to the City to determine if the business has any interest in locating a presence in Abilene.
- The Referral Fee will not be paid to referring residents until the business prospect locates a physical presence within the corporate limits of Abilene meeting the criteria set forth for the Program. The relocation or establishment of a physical business presence must occur within twelve months of the initial referral.
- A business may only be referred to the City once per year. Referrals will be considered on a first-come-first-served basis. Referrals will be considered from the date of received by the City.
- The Program is subject to funds being appropriated and available. Once all designated funds have been awarded, the Program will not be reauthorized during the calendar year. The Program may be ended without notice. Any Referrals made prior to termination date of the Program will still be eligible to receive the Referral Fee.
- Participants must be verified residents of Dickinson County with no outstanding tax liabilities or other delinquencies. Individuals owning property in Dickinson County but not residing in Dickinson County are not eligible to participate.