Our employee spotlight this week is Officer Caleb Barnhart with the Abilene Police Department. Officer Barnhart provides safety and security to the citizens of Abilene by enforcing local and state laws, proactive patrolling, responding to calls for service, and preventing and investigating illegal activities, including but not limited to, domestic disturbances, accidents, narcotics investigations, impaired drivers, etc.
When asked what he enjoys about his job, he said, “Administration promotes and encourages pro-active policing, community engagement, and a genuine dedication to serving its officers and community. I work with a wide range of officers, all with their own unique skill sets that provide me with the opportunity to learn something new every day. We all interact closely and support one another, which makes for a fun, interactive and positive shift, allowing us to serve the citizens to the best of our abilities.”
Fun Facts about Officer Barnhart:
- He grew up in Chanute, Kansas.
- He and his wife, Brianna, have two sons.
- The farthest he has traveled is to Jamaica, Mexica, and Cayman Island! He plans to travel to visit Grand Turk in the Turks & Caicos Islands in 2024!
- When he isn’t busy protecting the citizens of Abilene, he enjoys barbecuing, spending time with family, working out, and anything else to keep him busy.
- He is also an instructor for solo active shooter first response, helping train other law enforcement officers.
Thank you, Office Barnhart, for all you do to protect and serve our community!