Our employee spotlight this week is Travis Steerman. Travis is the City Inspector in charge of enforcing building, zoning, property, and floodplain codes within the city.
When asked what he enjoys about his job, he said, “My job takes me to all sorts of places in town. Every day is different and just when you think you have the answers for everything, something new pops up. In recent years, my department has become a great work environment again. Working on things by yourself makes you really appreciate having a great team around you.”
Fun Facts about Travis:
- He grew up in Wamego, KS and graduated from Wamego High School.
- He and his wife, Marissa, have two daughters ages 6 and 3.
- He would love to travel to Northern New York and Mexico.
- His bucket list is to catch the biggest fish possible on topwater lures.
- In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his girls and being on dad duty. He considers himself an avid bass fisherman, although not as active in recent years, and he enjoys collecting fishing lures from the late 80s and 90s.
- He’s been told he’d be good at Friends trivia!
Thank you, Travis, for all you do for the City of Abilene!