Board of Zoning Appeals
The Board of Zoning Appeals shall consist of the seven members of the Planning Commission, all of whom shall be appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the City Commission. None of the members shall hold any other public office of the City except as members of the Planning Commission. The members shall serve their terms simultaneously with their terms on the Planning Commission. Vacancies shall be filled by appointment for the unexpired term. The members shall serve without compensation. The Board shall annually elect one of its members as Chair, and one as vice-chair, and shall appoint a Secretary who may be an officer or an employee of the City. The Board shall also adopt rules in accordance with the provisions of the City Code. Meetings of the Board shall be held at the call of the Chair and at such other times as the Board may determine. The Board shall keep minutes of its proceedings, showing evidence presented, findings of fact by the Board, decisions of the Board, and the vote upon each question. Records of all official actions of the Board shall be filed in the office of the City Clerk and shall be a public record.
Board of Zoning Appeals Duties
The BZA is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Hear and decide on applications for a variance from the provisions of the zoning and subdivision ordinance;
- Hear and decide on applications for an appeal of an administrative interpretation of the zoning ordinance; and
- Conduct other business specifically assigned to the Board of Zoning Appeals by ordinance, City Commission order or State statute.
Membership and Terms
- Travis Sawyer (Chair) 2025
- Bill Marshall (Vice Chair) 2026
- Penni Zelinkoff 2024
- William Rose 2025
- Rod Boyd 2026
- Eric Anderson 2026
Meeting and Contact Information
The Board of Zoning Appeals only meets when needed. The location and time will be announced at that time.
For more information or questions regarding the Board of Zoning Appeals please feel free to contact:
Kari Zook, Community Development Director